Wow! August flew by so fast! Granted, it was a busy month in terms of my life and therefore there is a lot to update. I just can’t believe it is already September. Here’s to over 30 days of recapping my life and updating you on my 101 in 1001 project.
25. Take a girls only trip. In July my sister planned a bachelorette party weekend for me before I got married. It was a great girls-only weekend with some of my favorite ladies. I am so lucky to have these ladies in my life!
38. Go to a movie by myself. This was on my 101 list because it makes me VERY uncomfortable to go places alone. I always thought going to the movies alone was completely weird. That is why this list is good because it pushes me beyond my comfort zone. Back in July I was trying to figure out my Saturday plans in order to escape from last minute wedding planning errands. I decided cupcakes for dinner and a movie were the perfect “me-time” activities. Maybe not perfect in terms of keeping my waistline thin, but it was perfect in that moment. I went and saw Larry Crowne and thought it was charming. I love Tom Hanks in anything he does, and Julia Roberts is also really great. The movie was a fun romantic comedy.
72. Read 15 books (6/15). I finished The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. This book was a great beach/pool read as it had a little bit of everything: love, romance, drama, beautiful setting, and engaging characters. I am now on to reading Bossypants and Malled. I have been switching between the two books. I am currently reading Malled because I started reading them both at the same time but stopped reading Bossypants for the hubby to read. We actually just took this book on our Honeymoon and my Husband read this book first. He was laughing out loud the entire time so I look forward to reading this book. I am only on the introduction of Bossypants and I am already dying laughing. Malled is good and I will recap that book once I finish it.
2. Get married. Wow, I cannot believe that I am three weeks in to being married. Over a year of planning and preparing for our married life will came to fruition on August 13th in the most perfect day a girl could have ever asked for. We are slowly settling into our married life so I will update on that later. For now you can follow along at www.mandyandconner.com
12. Have a girl’s night once every other month (3/16): August I went with some new friends to a sips and strokes type place. We ended up not painting due to reservation issues but it was a lot of fun to just hang out with the girls and sip some wine.
20. Go on a vacation outside of the US: We just got back from vacationing for our Honeymoon to Jamaica.
52. Volunteer 101 hours (4/101): August was Recruitment for AXO at Georgia Tech so I enjoyed volunteering for their sisterhood day. I look forward to helping with my home chapter of AXO this month as they work towards welcoming new members into the greatest sisterhood around.
74. Get a massage: During the honeymoon we had a couple’s massage. Such a relaxing way to unwind from the wedding.
Goals for September:
86. Set up 401K. Starting my career means that it is time to sign up for my 401K. Here’s to hoping I understand it all.
33. Legally change my name
34. Change name on credit cards, etc.
84. Have checks printed under joint account