We are in the final hours of January 2011, so I figured it was about time to update my 101 in 1001 list. This month I was able to finish or start the following:
23) Take a weekend trip to a different city. The Fiancé and I decided that we wanted to go on a “trip” for our Christmas gift this year. We chose to utilize social media’s latest craze of group buying with Living Social Escapes. The site offered a deal for Waynesville Inn Golf Resort and we jumped at the chance to escape to North Carolina for some snow tubing. The Inn was beautiful and was staffed with wonderful people. The weekend included wonderful food, a fun festival, karaoke, and snow tubing.
50) Pre-marital counseling through a Church: This one was only partially started. We signed up for a class and will officially go through the counseling in the next few months. Stay tuned!
63) Write 3 letters to a company when I receive great service (0/3) : As I mentioned above, Waynesville Inn was phenomenal! This letter ended up not being a written letter, but rather a Facebook feedback post. I couldn’t contain my excitement and appreciation in a private letter, so I figured all visitors could see the raving review. Next time, I will shoot for a written note 🙂
67) Try 30 new recipes (1/30) I tried one new recipe this month. I will save the full recap for another post.
71) Go see a play. Growing up, I was obsessed with Belle from Beauty and the Beast. When I went to Disney Hollywood Studios a few months ago, seeing the Beauty and the Beast show was a must! I had not seen the broadway version of the show before. Lucky for me, Santa Sheppard gifted me with two tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Fox. The show was wonderful, and so was the company.
72) Read 15 Books: This month I read Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin.
75. Try ten new restaurants : While in Waynesville we ate at The Sweet Onion Restaurant. The recommendation came from the staff at the Inn we were staying at. The food was amazing. The Sweet Onion Soup was delicious and the steaks were cooked to perfection. If you are ever in Waynesville, be sure to stop in to this Downtown restaurant.
93) Meet at least two bloggers/tweeps in person: I was lucky to be able to attend Alpha Chi Omega’s Leadership Academy over the past weekend. I had the pleasure of engaging in conversations with new sisters, fellow AXO tweeps, and reconnect with other alums. One of the tweeps I was able to meet was Liz. We follow each other on Twitter and we both are involved in the same career path: Marketing. Liz is a sweetheart and I truly enjoyed spending time with her this weekend. Here is a picture from dinner one night in Indianapolis.
That is the progress for this month. On to February and the adventures that month holds.
Hello! Sounds like you got a great start on your goals:) It’s so much fun to see what each other have done in following our lists. Happy February!
Thank you Charity for your support!