Mandy is currently working on a 101 in 1001 project. See her list below and follow along with her progress.
This list is being started today (January 1, 2011) and will end September 28, 2013. Many things will change over these next 2 1/2 years. I have filled the list with things I have been wanting to accomplish and have put off. I have also filled the list with items to help me build stronger relationships with the people I love most. I have purposefully left a few items blank, since I know many life changes will be happening over the next 2 1/2 years. This is my way of leaving room for change. I will post my progress on this blog, but don’t worry, it will not take away from your regular programming
January 1, 2011-September 27, 2013
Goals Complete: 78/101 Goals In Progress: 10/23
Last Updated: October 1, 2013
Bold marks a completed item
Italics marks a partially completed or in-progress item
101 in 1001:
:: FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS::
1. Make a quality friend. 2. Get married. 3. Go on a date a month for 6 months. (5/6) 4. Plan three surprise dates for Conner (3/3)
5. Call someone once a week for a month just to catch up. (2/4)
6. Lunch date with my Mommy
7. Date night with my Daddy
8. Make plans with a new friend 9. Send Christmas cards.
10. Invite people over to dinner once a month for six months (5/6)
11. Host a dinner party.
12. Have a girl’s night once every other month (12/16)
13. Have a double-date with friends once every other month (10/16)
14. Put all Project 365 pictures into albums (0/2)
15. Get a custom emboss stamp made.
19. Finish College Scrapbook
::ENTERTAINMENT & TRAVEL::
20. Go on a vacation outside of the US 22. Go strawberry picking. 23. Take a weekend trip to a different city. 24. Go to the airport to solely people watch 25. Take a girls only trip 27. Visit a winery for a tasting
28. Ask a friend to make a list of 5 movies to watch and vise versa. Switch list and complete within 30 days.
29. Transfer files from old computer. 30. Create a Google Reader 31. Organize family and friend’s birthdays in one place 32. Clean tarnished jewelry 33. Legally change my name 34. Change name on credit cards, etc.
::HEALTH AND WELLNESS::
35. Not eating out for 1 month straight. (30/30) 36. No French Fries for 30 days (30/30) 37. Keep a prayer journal. 38. Go to a movie by myself.
39. Write down 5 good things a day for a month straight (7/30)
40. Identify 100 things that make me happy (92/100)
41. Identify 25 things I like about myself
42. Reach a realistic weight (As of 10/1/2013 lost 38 lbs since 06/01/2013)
43. Take a dance class
45. Floss every day for a month (3/30)
46. Work out three times a week, four weeks in a row (4/4)
47. Go one whole week without internet (voluntarily).
48. Go for one week without watching television
49. Join a Sunday School Class 50. Pre-marital counseling through a Church
:: FOR OTHERS::
51. Do five random acts of kindness. (5/5) 52. Volunteer 101 hours (101/101) 53. Surprise someone. (with a visit, flowers, something nice) 54. Write 10 handwritten letters (10/10) 55. Invest my time in someone, be intentional. 56. Find an organization or missionary to support consistently. 57. Treat a friend out to coffee 58. Pray for someone for a month straight.
59. Pay 10 strangers compliments (8/10)
60. Purge and donate old clothes from closets at least three times (3/3)
61. Pay for the person behind me at a toll or drive thru
62. Serve food at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter 63. Write 3 letters to a company when I receive great service (3/3)
66. Make dinner at least 3 nights a week, two weeks in a row 67. Try 30 new recipes (30/30)
68. Attend a Scrapbooking Convention
70. Get a DSLR
71. Go see a play. 72. Read 15 books (15/15) 74. Get a massage. 75. Try ten new restaurants (10/10) 76. Go to the ballet 77. Let someone else add to the list (I get final veto)
78. Don’t leave my bed for one whole day.
79. Put away $200 a month for 6 months straight. (6/6)
80. Pay off Student Loans.
81. Start and stick to a budget. 82. Cut coupons and try to save some $ for 3 months. (0/3) 83. Do not buy anything for myself for one whole month. 84. Have checks printed under joint account 85. Get free credit report 86. Set up 401K 87. Create a financial plan with the hubby 88. Streamline automatic bill paying
89. Land a full-time job/career 90. Make a portfolio. 91. Buy a domain. 92. Be a guest speaker at three meetings or conferences (3/3) 93. Meet at least two bloggers/tweeps in person. (2/2) 94. Attend a professional conference/seminar a year (3/3) 95. Blog daily for 30 consecutive days (30/30)
:: TO BE ANNOUNCED ::
98. Present as a Keynote Speaker