December was a fun month of holiday festivities, surprise dates, and volunteering. A brief recap of all the fun as well as my 101 in 1001 progress is below
10. Invite people over to dinner once a month for six months : (3/6) Part of our holiday traditions include celebrating the advent season with Sunday night Advent dinners. For one of the dinners, we invited Conner’s parents over for a Feliz Navidad fiesta dinner complete with tacos, guacamole and churro inspired dessert.
12. Girls night: 8/16:Who said slumber parties are only for children? My sister and I had an “Adult slumber party” complete with tasty beverages and a Pinterest inspired dinner. There recipe is below under the new recipes.
52. Volunteer 101 hours (61/101)Volunteered at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, AXO, volunteering to provide for a family during the holiday season, as well as helping our friends pack for an upcoming trip to help the people of Nigra.
56. Find an organization or missionary to support consistently.
60. Purge and donate old clothes from closets at least three times (3/3)
63. Write 3 letters to a company when I receive great service (3/3)
67. Try 30 new recipes (23/30): I was a busy bee in the kitchen this month. Garlic chicken tacos, sopapilla cheesecake bars, and baked potato dip were all on the menu for the month. Garlic chicken tacos were super simple and very light. The sopapillla cheesecake bars were also easy to make. The baked potato dip was a little more complicated as we decided to make our own potato chips in the fryer. All were consumed too quickly to photograph so here are the links for the recipes I used from Pinterest.
Loaded Baked Potato dip. We did not use the ranch packet though.
72. Read 15 books (13/15). I finished reading Platform. This book was a good business/social media read with some very practical advice on being successful online and in business. Now I am reading two different books, Love Does and The Happiness Project.
81. Start and stick to a budget.
98. Serve as a Keynote Speaker
99.Buy A house: In progress! We are 6 weeks in with a basement poured. Here is the current picture of our house as there has not been much progress over the last two weeks due to rain delays and the holiday. We are praying that since the rain has stopped our house walls will be going up this week.
Now on to make the rest of my 101 in 1001 project happen as there are only 9 months left to make it all happen.